Creole Rice With Extra Lean Ground Beef (Aka "Clean Dirty Rice")
Amazingly easy one pot recipe is the leanest, cleanest "dirty rice" you'll ever eat. Recipe from Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle Blog (www.BurnTheFatBlog.com)
- 20 oz extra lean ground beef (96% fat free)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (80g)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic (approx 3 cloves)
- 1 Cup long grain white rice, dry (180g)
- 2 cups reduced soium beef stock (240ml)
- 1.5 cups celery, chopped (100g)
- 1 large (3.75") green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp creole/cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
Chop onions, celery and green pepper. Mince fresh garlic
Put 2 tsp of olive oil in pot or Dutch oven (just enough to coat bottom), heat on medium high
Add chopped onions to pot and cook about 3 minutes.
Add lean ground beef, cajun seasoning and salt to pot, cook about 4 to 5 minutes or until it's browned.
Add garlic, celery and green pepper
Add rice and beef stock to pot. Turn up heat, bring to boil
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
Optional: Garnish with fresh chopped scallion
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 42.1g | Protein: 34.7g | Fat: 8.5g