Pumpkin Protein Pancake Mug Cake
A pumpkin spice mug cake made from protein and pancake mix, smothered in sugar free maple syrup. Yum! Recipe from Tom Venuto's Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle blog www.BurnTheFatBlog.com
- 15 g vanilla whey protein (1/2 scoop)
- 26.5 g Kodiak cakes pancake mix buttermilk (1/4 cup)
- 12 g Truvia Sweet Complete calorie-free brown sugar (1 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 65 g canned pumpkin puree (1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp applesauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar free maple syrup (divided)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Add whey, pancake mix, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to oversize mug and mix until uniform.
Add 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1 Tbsp applesauce, 1 Tbsp of the sugar-free maple syrup.
Mix dry and wet ingredients thoroughly. Make sure there are no pockets of powder left.
Microwave for 80 seconds or until middle is set. (Mug cake will remain moist).
Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional).
Top with the other tablespoon of maple syrup.
Eat right out of mug or transfer to plate. (Even if you made the batter in the mug so it wasn't greased, it should slide out of the mug intact; might need a shake or tap on the bottom).
Serving: 1mug cake | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.7g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 1.8g